A fantastic new permanent opportunity has arisen for a Principal Architect to join a progressive, multi-disciplinary consultancy based in London. Our knowledgeable and experienced client has worked on a range of innovative design-led establishments throughout the UK. Our client work in a variety of project sectors, including Education, Local Authority, and Residential. This would be the perfect opportunity for an enthusiastic Principal Architect seeking to expand their career and work with a prestigious multi-discipline company.
The role of Principal Architect will include a range of tasks to ensure the effective delivery of projects. Those responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out work at all RIBA work stages, as defined by RIBA publications
- Taking the lead and exercising mature professional judgement in large, complex projects
- Operating on a flexible basis in a group environment to fulfil the Project Team's obligations
- Implementing an assessment and reporting role in connection with matters of a difficult legal, contractual or financial nature
- Taking responsibility for the project team
- Issuing fee proposals and managing fee accounts
- Assisting with the development of more junior staff
- Developing new and existing client relationships
The essential requirements for candidates seeking to apply for this role include:
- Registered Architect (ARB/RIBA)
- Minimum of 5 years' experience post-Part III qualification
- Proven experience working on a variety of different projects at RIBA stages 0-3
- Specific experience of educational projects would be beneficial but not essential
- Strong experience leading projects and teams to successfully deliver projects
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Experience with liaising with housing associations and local authorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good working knowledge of architectural software packages such as AutoCAD, Sketch Up and Photoshop
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without Visa restrictions.
For further information please call Hannah McMillan on or send your CV and examples of work to Hannah.Mcmillan @ BlueprintRecruit.com and quote 13904HM. Alternatively, you can apply by using the "Apply" option and following the instructions.