A mortgage is the greatest financial commitment most people enter into during their lifetime.
It is our commitment throughout that journey that the client and customer receive a best in class service. We
offer a complete servicing solution throughout the life-cycle of a mortgage from loan origination through to administration, redemption, asset management, and where required, collections. Our role is to seek and deliver the best outcome.
Link Group Mortgage Services is part of the global Link Group - a leading global provider of financial
administration solutions. As one of Europe’s leading asset servicing platforms, we interact with almost 6m investors, administering and safeguarding £600bn of assets across 10 highly regulated markets.
As Senior App Support Analyst with us, you will be responsible for resolving your own application support tickets, as well as managing the application support work queue to ensure tickets raised are triaged, correctly assigned, worked in priority order and resolved within agreed SLAs
You will escalate issues to the Lead Developer and/or Head of Development and Test when required, making sure users are kept informed of progress and that corrective action is taken to avoid or minimise delays
You will ensure the Applications Support team fully understand new software releases and the implications of these for their work, as well as ensuring support tickets are evaluated to identify common themes, raise change requests and/or bugs when software fixes are required.
Part of your role will be to attend incident meetings, helping in route cause analysis investigations and managing through to resolution
- As required liaise with internal delivery teams and external suppliers on the development of system enhancements and fixes
- Collaborate with colleagues in Change Delivery, Development, System Test, Applications Support and stakeholders across CMS
- Lead application support team daily standups and attend Development stand ups where cross resource is being used
Skills and Knowledge
A technical aptitude to learn quickly and understand new technologies
Strong problem solving and analysis skills
Ability to work under pressure, prioritise and meet set objectives
Ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical operations staff
Excellent customer service skills
Knowledge and experience of PL/SQL based systems including writing and troubleshooting complex scripts utilising applications
Strong attention to detail, quality and accuracy
Strong drive for continuous improvement
Aptitude to multi task and be highly adaptable in a fast paced environment
Java, XML/XSLT and Oracle experience
Application systems - experience of recording and solving application support issues from customers, prioritising requests, implementing and communicating timely solutions, both in database and web environments.
Experience delivering application support
Ideally experience of working to ITIL standards
Skills and Knowledge
- Understanding of Waterfall and Agile development methodologies
- Understanding of mortgage origination and servicing
- Understanding of the regulatory framework of the UK mortgage market, for example MCOB and TCF principles
- Knowledge of LMS operating systems: eFirst Origins, Phoebus, iiConnect, Filenet, EPDQ
- Understanding of source code (SVN)
- Familiarity with JIRA
Familiarity with JBOSS/IIS
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or appropriate experience
- IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job