We are seeking with immediate effect an experience API & Microservices Development Lead to join the Engagement domain, located at our London Bridge office.
We have embarked on an exciting, large scale digital transformation programme and as part of that are looking for a talented and dedicated person to join TUI Group IT. As part of our transformation, we are passionately committed to hiring expert professionals in our three main areas of focus; API Development, Big Data and Cloud Services.
We are headquartered in Germany, with an international office network in London, Luton, Hanover, Porto and Berlin to mention few.
TUI group sees the application of data and analytics as a core source of competitive advantage in the drive to deliver market leading personalised customer experiences which maximise the value captured from our extensive product range whilst operating at maximum efficiency. We have embarked on a journey of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. Join us now and shape the future of travel.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic our ways of working are a bit different just now with most of our colleagues working from home all the time. Most colleagues worked from home at least a couple of days a week before the current situation, as looking after our colleague’s welfare is important to us. However, it’s very likely this role will begin with you being based at home, there will be lots of opportunities to connect with your colleagues via technology, and when we can get together face-to-face, we will.
How you will make an impact as Senior API Developer
There are many ways for you to get involved:
As Senior API & Microservices Developer you will be working within a cross-functional team of designers, developers and testers who are responsible for the TUI app. In detail your tasks include:
- Being responsible for the team who delivers microservices for the app, from concept / design /code/ build/ deploy / test, right through to release
- Guide the development and extend the reach of our highly rated existing applications, while helping to define the roadmap for future integrations
- Collaborate with Architects, Tech Leads, QA, Product Owners and UI Design colleagues to deliver inspirational travel apps and continue to optimise their performance post release
- Guide the development and produce functional solutions with quality designs and code in accordance to architecture design standards, code standards and environment configuration management
- The main responsibilities of the role to ensure development team adherence to programme governance and standards alongside working on development, and to utilise your previous technical expertise to take ownership of the development process, programming and build, systems design / integration; ensuring project fulfilment and success.
- Work closely with the iOS and Android development teams to define integrations which enable us to deliver key new features
What you will bring to TUI as a Senior API Developer
There is more than one way to the perfect fit – here are some of the ideal things:
- Extensive experience as an API integration specialist
- Experience in service design (SOA, Microservices, ESB’s)
- Over 5 years of hand on experience in backend Rest API and micro services development using Java.
- Very good knowledge in data modelling; conceptual, logical and physical schema separation
- Experience in using AWS cloud services including API Gateway, Lambdas, ECS, CloudFormation and Fargate
- Experience in API gateway, preferably AWS API gateway and APIGEE
- Experience in designing API specs using SWAGGER
- Solid understanding on coding best practices, design patterns of the backend server side API and micro services development and lifecycle
- Nice to have knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends and emerging technologies
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of the organization and external 3rd parties / suppliers
- Highly flexible, adaptable and resilient personality, with the ability to work in an international team environment
- Fluent English language skills.
TUI and you
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
TUI Group’s vision is to make travel experiences special. To fulfil this vision, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'