Johnson Matthey, a FTSE 100 company, is a global leader in sustainable technologies specialising in catalysis, precious metal products, chemicals and process technology. With operations in over 30 countries, we employ more than 13,000 people. Johnson Matthey uses science to make the world cleaner and healthier. Over the past two centuries we have built our reputation and place as a global leader through quality, integrity, and innovation. Today, more than 93% of the group's sales come from products and services which provide sustainability benefits through the positive impact they have on the environment, resource efficiency and human health, but that’s not enough. We have ambitious plans for growth and need talented individuals to help shape and lead us into our next century.
We are currently recruiting for an Analytical Senior Scientist based in our Health Analytical Development team in Edinburgh. The postholder will be responsible for leading the development, validation and evaluation, and implementation of analytical test methods in support of research, GMP production, and stability testing.
In addition the Analytical Senior Scientist will be responsible for mentoring and providing advice, guidance, and direction to junior analysts on technical and project management issues, as well as guiding their professional development.
- Develop efficient, selective, robust and scientifically sound analytical procedures
- Assists with the transfer of the methods developed.
- Mentor, coach and develop junior analysts.
- Reviews supplied data packages, researches the literature and outlines the project work proposal and estimates the required timelines.
- Participates in project management activities including: creating and meeting objectives for timelines, budgets, and project goals and presenting project results internally and with customers
- Provides leadership for employee relations through effective communication, coaching, training, and development, and ensures staff acts in accordance with Johnson Matthey policies and practices with respect to GLP, environmental, EHS and other related regulatory requirements.
- Troubleshoots, analyses and leads investigations when required.
- Prepares high quality written documentations (SOPs, analytical methods, summary reports) and assists with regulatory documentation.
- Reports experiments accurately and promptly, keeping laboratory notebooks up to date in accordance with the company’s quality procedures.
- Contributes to problem-solving, brain-storming sessions, seminars and other scientific discussions.
Are you the ideal candidate?
- Analytical Chemistry or equivalent qualification with significant experience with chromatography method development for small molecule APIs
- Considerable experience with HPLC/UHPLC, GC, hyphenated MS and wet chemistry
- Experience with Process Development of APIs
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability, with a "can do" attitude and the tenacity to see tasks through to the end.
- Able to effectively plan the work of self and the team to meet customer timelines.
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills with customers and colleagues.
- Proven ability to lead projects and provide direction to analytical scientists.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to write clear and concise technical reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'