Senior Analytical Chemist (Method Development) £Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
South East ABJ3501
Responsible to the analytical manager the candidate will develop and validate global analytical methodologies for the company. These will fit in-line with stringent validation protocols according to ISO standards and support the long term vision of the analytical function. The role will also involve the development of methods which bridge company functions to provide a harmonised analytical approach. As analytical chemist with strong method development you must be able to manage multiple projects and be self motivated. Has a detailed understanding of analytical instrumentation and validation and provide necessary supporting documentation to all areas of the business and beyond if required. Through method development helps offers improvements in efficiencies with the analytical functions.
- Participate in the day to day responsibility for laboratory safety and to ensure that all personnel act in accordance with company's SHE directives.
- To be responsible for the development and roll out of new analytical methods.
- To provide expert analytical support to Operations and Customers related to the chemistry, processing and applications of the Companies’ products.
- Ensure a high level of analytical rigour is applied to the development of new methods and to comply with validation protocol
- To support the development and training of laboratory personnel to ensure the company's high standards are maintained.
- To ensure that the maintenance and calibration of GC, GC-MS, HPLC, LC-MS and FTIR equipment in the analytical laboratory is of a high standard.
- To ensure compliance with companies Health and Safety programs.
- Provide training to the lab staff on newly developed methods
- Regular SBU updates on method development
- Opportunity to play a role in implementation of ISO 17025 accreditation
- Other work as deemed necessary by the Head of Department to aid in the functioning of the lab
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Minimum of a BSc in chemistry (preferably analytical).
- Relevant commercial work experience
- Experience in method development using GC-MS and LC-MS and other analytical instrumentation.
- Knowledge of the following techniques is required; GC-MS, LC-MS, HPLC, pyrolysis, thermal desorption and headspace.
- Some background/experience of ISO 10725 environment
- Knowledge of the following techniques is preferred; FT-IR, GPC (gel permeation chromatography) with viscometery, RI and light scattering detectors, micro chamber, purge and trap and DSC (differential scanning calorimetry).
Benefits include: 25 days holiday, Medical, Bonus scheme
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson quoting ABJ3501 on
- Analytical Chemistry
- Method Development
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job