Senior Analyst Consultant - Defence
Our client is a well-established highly successful expanding management consultancy, with an enviable reputation and senior level client base across a number of sectors including Defence, Energy/Environment and the Public/Government sectors.
They specialise in helping their clients make the right decisions. They are experts in strategy, decision-making tools and methodologies, portfolio prioritisation and delivery, understanding data and engaging people. They use this expertise to create, implement and embed decision-making processes that deliver results.
They value their people and believe in building each individual’s capabilities and strengths to help them reach their full potential and help us reach ours. They are an inclusive organisation which values diversity
This is a client facing role requiring a well presented individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Skills/Experience required re role of Senior Analyst Consultant:
- A strong analytical background
- Experience working in Defence in the UK, particularly in the public sector
- Management Consulting skills
- Ability to work at senior to junior levels within organisations
- Strong organisational and time management skills, with the ability to multi-task and prioritise your work
- Advanced Excel skills to help analyse and visualise quantitative data
- Knowledge and experience of Excel VBA
- Understanding of Project and Portfolio Management best practice
- Awareness of decision-support approaches, such as the 5 Case Model, investment appraisal and cost modelling
- Interest in Decision Analysis techniques
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A positive and flexible approach to your work
- A relevant degree, such as a business, numerical, maths, physics, or technical subject
- Recent UK Defence Security Clearance (SC) would be highly beneficial but is not essential.
Our client is looking for a positive and flexible analyst, with a consulting mindset, to join their growing team. This is an excellent opportunity to develop your expertise and career as an integral part of a small, agile and growing business.
As part of the Company’s team, you will work with their consultants, analysts and clients at a senior level on a number of projects. You will work across different industries, initially focusing within Defence in the UK.
Responsibilities re role of Senior Analyst Consultant include:
• Taking a leading role in the day-to-day delivery of projects, working closely with their clients and internal consultants and analysts.
• Collating, managing and analysing data.
• Working with, and helping to design, analytical models.
• Deriving unique insights from data to inform senior-level decision making.
• Running meetings and small workshops. For example, to understand and design business processes, capture requirements, or identify and explore strategic options.
• Contributing to the design and delivery of decision-making processes.
• Producing internal and external presentations and reports to summarise processes, findings, recommendations and decision analysis results.
Initial clients will be based around key UK Defence establishments in the South of England.
Keywords - Defence, Analyst, Excel, Advanced Excel, VBA, Decision Analysis, Analytical, 5 Case Model, Investment Appraisal, Cost Modelling, Mathematical, Numerical, Data Analysis, Data Modelling, Analysis, Analyst, Management Consultant
Senior Analyst / Consultant - Defence
Salary - £30K-£60K depending on level of experience plus benefits
Location - Winchester, Hampshire
- Advanced Excel
- Decision Analysis
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'