Link Group connects millions of people with their assets including equities, pension and superannuation, investments, property and other financial assets. We do this by partnering with thousands of financial market participants to deliver services, solutions and technology platforms that enhance the user experience and make scaled administration simple. We help manage regulatory complexity, improve data management and provide tools to help people connect to their assets, leveraging analysis, insight and technology. Our core businesses are complemented by our expertise in digital solutions and data analytics, and enable us to provide a complete service to our global network of clients and partners. (Link Asset Services is a member of Link Group.)
Our Funds Solutions division is a leading independent Authorised Fund Manager and provider of fund administration and transfer agency services. We leverage our specialist knowledge and technology to support traditional and alternative funds in UK, Ireland, Luxembourg and Australia, manage £100bn of assets with circa 500 people. With a focus on strong governance, regulatory expertise and risk management, our business helps to manage regulatory compliance for asset managers and investors. Our unique place in the market, combined with our partnership approach, depth of experience and well-invested systems, enables us to support investment managers through the challenges of changing market and investor needs, and, as a result, help them to enhance returns, minimise costs and mitigate their risks.
The purpose of the role is to ensure that the portfolios delegated to third party fund managers are managed in accordance with all required restrictions as set under regulation and constituting documents and the level of risk taken is appropriate.
• Maintaining and improving the robust framework of risk and performance oversight
• Working with IMST and delegated portfolio managers in assessing their investment risk procedures as part of ongoing due diligence
• Analysing the appropriateness of risks undertaken in view of a fund’s investment objective, strategy and target market
• Discussing and resolving investment risk breaches with portfolio managers
• Provision of management information to the Board, Risk Committee and the Investment Risk and Performance Management Committee in relation to investments and its related risks.
• Assist, where appropriate, internal initiatives to enhance the effectiveness of risk oversight
• Analysing and presentation of risk and performance analyses, including risk attribution, to IMDs
• Enhance the methodology and approach to risk management including VaR, counterparty, liquidity, market and performance risk measures
• Developing training modules on investment risk related topics - and presenting these to the Board, third parties, and relevant staff
• Review of incidents generated by both external and internal systems that indicate a portfolio’s failure to comply with its expected risk characteristics and investigate identified incidents with IMDs and recommend required corrective action
• Review of new fund portfolios to assess whether within the risk appetite of LFS, the portfolio is stress tested to enable required reports to be submitted to the FCA, all investment risks are incorporated within the product documentation and appropriate monitoring process for post-launch are in place
• Supporting the review of assets subject to fair value pricing and assessing adverse market movements
• Maintaining awareness of actual and proposed regulatory changes which impact the requirements of the activity
• Support the delivery of required regulatory reports to the FCA (AIFMD, FSA042 - UCITS Derivative Use Report, MMF)
• Support the setup of required regulatory reporting documents on our website (PRIIPs, MIFID II, KID, KIID)
• Relevant degree or equivalent in finance
• Superior knowledge and understanding of the contributors to investment and performance risk
• Detailed understanding of the regulations which drive the risk limitations within an authorised fund
• Understand the interaction between the various processes involved in fund pricing, reporting and data integrity
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PP)
• CFA qualification
• A sound understanding of the investment management process
• At least 5 years in an investment risk role
• VBA or equivalent
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'