The purpose of the role is to ensure that the portfolios delegated to third party fund managers are managed in accordance with all required restrictions as set under regulation and constituting documents and the level of risk taken is appropriate.
• Maintaining and improving the robust framework of risk and performance oversight
• Working with IMST and delegated portfolio managers in assessing their investment risk procedures as part of ongoing due diligence
• Analysing the appropriateness of risks undertaken in view of a fund’s investment objective, strategy and target market
• Discussing and resolving investment risk breaches with portfolio managers
• Provision of management information to the Board, Risk Committee and the Investment Risk and Performance Management Committee in relation to investments and its related risks.
• Assist, where appropriate, internal initiatives to enhance the effectiveness of risk oversight
• Analysing and presentation of risk and performance analyses, including risk attribution, to IMDs
• Enhance the methodology and approach to risk management including VaR, counterparty, liquidity, market and performance risk measures
• Developing training modules on investment risk related topics - and presenting these to the Board, third parties, and relevant staff
• Review of incidents generated by both external and internal systems that indicate a portfolio’s failure to comply with its expected risk characteristics and investigate identified incidents with IMDs and recommend required corrective action
• Review of new fund portfolios to assess whether within the risk appetite of LFS, the portfolio is stress tested to enable required reports to be submitted to the FCA, all investment risks are incorporated within the product documentation and appropriate monitoring process for post-launch are in place
• Supporting the review of assets subject to fair value pricing and assessing adverse market movements
• Maintaining awareness of actual and proposed regulatory changes which impact the requirements of the activity
• Support the delivery of required regulatory reports to the FCA (AIFMD, FSA042 - UCITS Derivative Use Report, MMF)
• Support the setup of required regulatory reporting documents on our website (PRIIPs, MIFID II, KID, KIID)
• Relevant degree or equivalent in finance
• Superior knowledge and understanding of the contributors to investment and performance risk
• Detailed understanding of the regulations which drive the risk limitations within an authorised fund
• Understand the interaction between the various processes involved in fund pricing, reporting and data integrity
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PP)
• CFA qualification
• A sound understanding of the investment management process
• At least 5 years in an investment risk role
• VBA or equivalent
At Link we believe our people are our most important asset. We offer excellent career progression opportunities, ongoing training and development. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, want your talent to be recognised and rewarded and are looking for a new challenge then we would love to hear from you.
Together we achieve: We are an inclusive employer whose people work collaboratively. We are building a culture where difference is valued. We are doing this by encouraging, supporting and valuing the various talents and perspectives of our people and supporting flexible ways of working. We know that diversity drives innovation and innovation drives growth. Be part of the Link Group journey and together we will achieve our full potential.
We treat all individuals fairly and equitably and do not discriminate on the basis of diverse characteristics including, but not limited to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, ethnicity, cultural background, physical abilities/disabilities, religious or political belief, marital or family status or carers responsibilities.
Candidates must have the relevant work rights to be considered for an opportunity at Link Group. Successful applicants will be required to complete background screening prior to commencement of employment.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'