Senior Analyst - Credit Strategy - SAS/SQL
Up to £65,000 + benefits
An opportunity for a Senior Risk Strategy Analyst with strong SAS experience has become available for a market-leading Retail Bank. This is an exciting role for a self starter looking to be part of a team that are constantly looking for ways to innovate and have been involved in some of the most exciting projects of the last few years.
As Senior Credit Strategy Analyst you will undertake data driven analysis using statistical tools like SAS to drive insight into product performance and optimise strategies. Additionally, you will play a pivotal role in communicating the outcomes of your findings and proposals to team leaders and other key stakeholders. This is a role where you will be constantly challenged to provide unique and constantly evolving strategies.
- You will use empirical, analytical and statistical techniques to generate loss rate expectations and scenarios to aid in valuation forecasting as well as influencing the direction of the agenda
- You will use this insight to formulate proposals to address areas of weakness and to optimise portfolio performance
- You will deliver these findings and proposed strategy changes to team leaders and various stakeholders in a clear, concise and effective manner
- You will be involved in influencing on-going communications with key senior business stakeholders
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Educated to a degree level with at least a 2:1 in a numerate subject (maths, statistics, economics), having evidenced a strong academic performance throughout
- Proven Credit Risk Strategy experience for a leading FS company
- A well-developed understanding of quantitative analytical methods
- Excellent Excel skills (VBA preferable)
- Strong experience in data manipulation and analysis using SAS or SQL
- Confidence communicating effectively and concisely to a variety of departments and senior members of the team
SALARY AND BENEFITS
As Senior Credit Strategy Analyst you could earn up to £65,000 alongside a very comprehensive benefits package which includes competitive pension, bonus, gym and healthcare.
To apply for this role, please submit your interest by pressing 'Apply Now' on this page. For further information please contact Ewan at Harnham.