We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior AEM Developer within our digital hub in London. Can you take code quality to new heights? Harness the full potential of our current technologies, while finding new and better ways of developing our products? If so, then we would love to hear from you!
Whitbread is the UK's leading hospitality company in the FTSE 100 including brands such as Costa Coffee, Beefeater & Premier Inn. By 2020, our goal is to achieve global system sales of around £2.5bn for Costa, and to increase the number of Premier Inn UK rooms to an incredible 85,000. All while creating around 3,000 UK jobs a year and continuing to expand our presence worldwide. There has never been a more exciting time to Whitbread!
What you will be doing:
- Work within an agile team to deliver across the entire product life cycle – concept, design, build (code), deploy, test, release, and maintain unit, functional, and performance test automation
- Partner with our architecture group to define and then develop robust and scalable architectures that comply with Whitbread and industry best-practices and standards
- Collaborate with the Product Owner and team to deliver robust, secure, scalable, tested, and documented capabilities across a number of digital channels servicing a variety of popular devices
- Perform code/peer reviews within the hub
- Provides support on key products should there be an incident / problem related to a product that's now live and requires a development fix
- Fully participate in the relevant scrum events; planning and estimation, daily scrums, sprint reviews, and retrospectives
- Collaborate as a member of the team undertaking the shared commitment towards completion of the team's sprint goals
- Accept joint responsible with the team for converting the Product backlog into 'Done' potentially releasable increments
What we are looking for:
- Experience with Adobe Enterprise Manager building blocks, including templates, components, dialogs, widgets, etc., the AEM development and deployment process, the JCR repository, and the use of core frameworks (e.g. Apache Sling, Apache Felix)
- Applicable CMS expertise (preferably with Java) for example with Liferay, OpenCMS, Magnolia, Ektron, Episerver, Sitecore, Joomla, Moodle, Drupal, etc.
- Agile development experience: design patterns, OOD, emergent architecture, tools like JIRA/Confluence, TDD
- Willingness to collaborate to develop solutions with others in a continuous and iterative delivery cycle
- Ability to cope in ambiguity and forge your own path in lockstep with your team
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills: able to inspire and influence team members