We are currently looking for a Senior Advisor to join our Field Work Helpdesk team who are working together to deliver great results for our customers in a lively family atmosphere. The Field Work Helpdesk primarily support our field force in conducting Smart meter installations as well as being an integral part of getting urgent assistance to customers in the event of faults with their gas/electricity supply. Our main goal is to ensure customers get back on supply in good time and lower our job abort rates in order that we meet our Smart meter rollout targets over the next few years. This is an exciting time to join a growing team that will be continuing to expand over the coming years.
- Act as a first point of contact for our Meter Operatives and other internal teams; identify, categorise and manage all queries through to resolution
- Follow up with the meter installer or their line manager if queries are unable to be resolved on first contact
- Escalate queries to Senior Analysts, other internal teams and 3rd parties when required
- Use documented working practices to reach a resolution for the caller
- Provide 1st line support covering a number of issues that can be experienced while on a job. This includes npower system issues, handheld terminal issues and meter commissioning issues amongst others
- Record all queries on the team ticket logging system
- Suggest improvements to procedure, policy and working practices according to root cause findings
- Have a ‘One Team’ mentality and support colleagues in working towards our common goal
What are we looking for?
We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated people who thrive on providing a first class service to customers. Having a clear and logical approach, you will take ownership for providing solutions to customer queries and do all this with a smile in your voice from your first customer of the day to your last.
What skills and experience do I need?
- Excellent customer service ethic
- Previous experience in a customer facing role
- Previous experience in the Utilities or Financial Services sector would be desirable
- Strong communication skills
- Confident and able to build relationships with other areas of the business
- High level of accuracy in recording information
- Can use a computer and has a good level of IT literacy
- Has a fair and honest attitude
- Is professional and has a friendly and helpful manner
What do I get in return?
We offer a competitive salary of £19,209 per annum rising to £20,954, 23 days holiday to start, an impressive flexible benefits package with the opportunity to develop your skills set and experience to enable you to achieve your long term ambitions.
To see the fantastic range of benefits we offer to employees, please visit:
The working hours will be 1p.m – 9 p.m Mon-Fri, there may be very occasional requirements to work on a weekend. We may also consider Part Time applications assuming the person is able to work the latter part of the shift from 5 p.m – 9 p.m
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive organisation and to valuing the contribution that our employees make. We welcome and respect differences in culture, background, working style, education and other less obvious differences.
npower is one of Britain’s leading energy companies, and is part of the innogy SE group.
We serve around 5 million residential and business accounts with electricity and gas, with key sites in the South West, Midlands, North and The North-East of England.
Every year, we issue over 22 million bills and answer around 2 million phone calls.
npower is one of the most successful providers of energy supply and solutions to British businesses, and are the first energy company to be awarded the Carbon Trust Triple Award for sustainable management of energy, waste and water.