Summary of Position
- To support the Director, both in terms of new business and delivering a high level of ongoing service. The ideal candidate will have already gained solid experience in an IFA environment and will have started (or be thinking of starting) CII qualifications in order to move to the next stage of their financial services career.
- Support the Financial Planning team to meet business targets
- Act as day-to-day point of contact for client service to resolve administrative issues
- Help prepare for meetings
- Assist with product and investment research
- Assist with suitability letters to confirm advice
- Help ensure files are compliant and complete
- Process new business and track to completion
- Write letters to clients and providers as appropriate
- Provide a high level of service to clients, including regular valuations
- Perform general office administration tasks as required and provide holiday cover for team members
- Maintain and update back office systems, including platforms
- Perform other ad-hoc tasks in the office as required
Qualifications and Experience
- Educated to A level or equivalent with GCSE passes of C or above in English Language and Maths.
- Ideally part-qualified and working towards Level 4 CII Diploma in Financial Planning
- Willingness to undertake relevant financial planning qualifications
- The candidate must be a self-starter with a strong work ethic and able to organise themselves without close supervision
- Must be able to work as part of a team and willing to contribute to a collective effort.
- The candidate should be able to prioritise tasks and must have a high level of literacy and numeracy.
- Must be able to work effectively with both paper files and on a paper-free basis.
- The candidate must also have an ability to handle pressure and meet tight deadlines, if required
Work Skills & Experience
- Experience working in financial services administration for an IFA practice is essential
- Good telephone manner
- Good IT skills
- Familiarity with MS Office, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook
- Familiarity with back office software
- Able to produce high quality written communications combined with high standards in respect of spelling, punctuation and syntax
- Personable and a team player
- Experience of delivering exceptional customer service in an office-based working environment
- Good working knowledge of pensions and/or pension administration
- Knowledge of relevant FCA compliance procedures
- Research and analysis skills re: financial advice
- Compilation of suitability letters and other client/product provider correspondence
- Familiarity with Intelligent Office
- Investment research experience (such as using FE Analytics)
- Experience working in a paperless office
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'