Barnet Carers Centre have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Administrator to join their growing team based in London.
Job Title: Senior Administrator
Salary: £25,000 pro rata (actual salary £15,000)
Hours: 22.5 hours per week, 3 days per week (possibility of flexible working)
Terms: Subject to completion of satisfactory six months probationary period
Barnet Carers Centre provides a range of services to support local carers, including advice, information, practical and emotional support. We also support young carers with free tuition, youth-clubs, mentoring and outings. Barnet Carers Centre also provides high-quality paid care workers, to those in need of care.
To support our future development we are seeking to recruit a committed and effective Senior Administrator to provide administrative support to the Chief Executive and Board of Trustees, as well as leading on all office administration at the Centre.
Senior Administrator - Key Responsibilities:
- To provide general administrative support including dealing appropriately with incoming calls and correspondence especially email as well as post and respond including on the CE’s behalf
- Organise Trustee Board, Sub Group and Senior Management Team meetings including refreshments, taking minutes and all administrative tasks associated with meetings
- To organise the Staff meeting schedule, including chair and minute taker.
- To ensure all files including fund raising files are kept up to date and in good order for reporting purposes
- To work closely with the Publicity Officer to coordinate the AGM and various promotional events
- Carry out shopping tasks within Centre with the support from the Reception Administration - Assistant (RAA) in order to maintain sufficient stock levels
- Contact repair companies, utility companies contractors with support from the RAA - Liaise with the Landlord on any centre-based issues
- In the absence of the RAA, the post holder will be required to deal with stationary ordering, processing incoming and outgoing post, any mass mail outs
- With the support of the RAA, ensure any centre based invoices are processed and passed to finance in a timely manner
- Together with the RAA, be responsible for the management of the organisation’s cleaning company
- With the support of the RAA, carry out any ad hoc centre based admin tasks/purchases as and when required
- Liaise and maintain a good working relationship with the organisation’s external IT support company
- Assist staff and volunteers as necessary in raising issues with the IT support company.
- Ensure daily back-ups are completed and tapes taken off site
- Together with the RAA ensure all photocopiers, printers and fax machines are maintained in good working order
- With the support of the RAA carry out any ad hoc centre based IT tasks as and when required
- To be the Deputy Designated Fire Marshall ensuring yearly drills are implemented and fire risk assessments reviewed when required
- Be responsible for Health and Safety within the centre including maintaining compliance across a wide range of Health and Safety issues
- Liaising with relevant personnel and external support as appropriate to ensure the PQASSO accreditation, Centre Handbook, policies and procedures are kept up to date and relevant
- To supervise and support the RAA
- Attend meetings and comply with internal procedures as defined in the staff handbook/office manual
- Carry out any other relevant tasks as required to contribute to the effective development of the Service and the delivery of its services
Senior Administrator - Qualifications/Education, Knowledge & Experience:
- Strong administrative skills and demonstrable experience with administrative tasks
- Strong written and communication skills and an understanding of the importance of internal communication
- The ability to work productively with a variety of colleagues at all levels, demonstrating strong team-working skills and a flexible approach to work
- Demonstrable enthusiasm for continuous improvement of quality and service delivery
- The ability to take the initiative and take the lead on approved tasks, with minimal supervision and with initiative
- Ability to use Microsoft office – in particular excel, word and outlook – to a high standard
- The ability to manage a complex workload with competing priorities and deadlines
Sector is not essential; however the post holder is likely to be interested in these areas
Closing date for applications: 10am on Wednesday 28th February 2018 and interviews for shortlisted applicants on week commencing 5th March 2018.
To submit your CV for this exciting Senior Administrator opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now!