As Senior Administrator you will be required to operate a range of administrative processes, providing flexible business support, to contribute to the delivery of business activities and objectives to time, quality and within budget
Day to Day:
- Act as a line and countersigning manager for a small number of administrative staff, completing appraisals throughout the year and as required by the annual performance review process, to effectively manage performance and development.
- Operate a number of administrative processes, ensuring that these are delivered accurately, on time and in line with defined procedures and standards.
- Produce accurate and timely KPI reports for inclusion in higher level management reporting, to support effective management decision making.
- Produce reports, presentations and other documents, collating and analysing relevant information and statistics from identified sources, to support others in the delivery of their business objectives.
- Answer standard and non-standard enquiries and act as a point of contact internally and externally, providing information to stakeholders to support service delivery, customer service, and management decision making and escalating issues for resolution as necessary.
- Enter and maintain information on systems and files to ensure that information is up to date, in the right place and easily accessible.
- Relevant work experience or equivalent vocational training.
- Very good understanding of the work of the department and directorate
- Thorough understanding of the procedures, policies and guidelines relevant to the job and how these fit with the overall functioning of the department and directorate.
- Good understanding of the specialised principles and processes governing the work of the department (e.g. Project Management, Resourcing, Finance, Procurement).
- Good understanding of staff performance and line manager responsibilities.
So we can really get to know you and what you can offer please include a CV with your application.
You're also encouraged to include a covering note explaining how you're a great match for us: so please tell us how your skills, experience and qualifications meet both the role, and Highways England, requirements.
We're expecting this role to be popular, so we may need to close the advert early if response is strong so to avoid disappointment, please apply as soon as possible
Help keep England moving.
We look forward to hearing from you.
For a full list of our vacancies please apply at .uk/
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job