A new opportunity has arisen to be part of an exisiting team within Equiniti Premier Services. In this exciting role you will be acting as a Senior Administrator, reconciling data and balancing figures against previously completed work in accordance with pre-determined procedures and service standards under appropriate guidance and direction. All work on the team is completed to an exceptionally high level of accuracy at all times, while conforming to industry standards and practises. The team will be responsible for the production of reports for a variety of share plans such as Save As You Earn, Share Incentive Plans and Executive & Discretionary and will work closely alongside the Equiniti Premier Operational Team
The Equiniti client base is very diverse and ranges from FTSE 100 clients to clients on the Alternative Investment Market (AIM). The Client Reporting team also has a considerable number of complex Overseas Share Plans to administer for countries all over the world. The role will involve interaction with other sections of the company on a day-to-day basis. Employee Benefit Services is an area of significant growth for Equiniti and has award winning technology in ESP Portal which offers employees online transactions, modelling tools and visibility of all Share Plans they hold
Successful candidate will be responsible for the below mentioned duties:
- Use computer systems and software to reconcile and manipulate data from large and complex Excel files of share movements and holding statuses for high profile clients.
- Create final reports based on client-specific requirements for onward delivery.
- Ensure all reports are created and completed to a very high degree of accuracy.
- Ensure all work is completed to a very strict client-specified delivery schedule.
- Check other team members working files to ensure that the team is producing accurate work at all times.
- Contribute to the completion of the team’s workload.
- Improve own skills and knowledge within the operational team, taking opportunities to identify areas for improvement to processes and service.
- Ensure compliance with Equiniti’s procedures, standards and reporting requirements, together with all relevant regulatory and statutory requirements, where appropriate implementing actions to protect our business at all times.
- Always to undertake the duties of this role in accordance with the requirements of the company’s Regulators, including FCA’s Principles for Business.
- Complete work within the security arrangements of Equiniti. Any deliberate contravention of these procedures may lead to disciplinary procedure.
- Ensure that all work is undertaken within the quality system.
- Ensure that work and ethics comply with all security arrangements both physical and information
Skills, Capabilities and Attributes
Successful candidate will be responsible for the below mentioned skills:
Self / Work Organisation:
- Uses straightforward personal planning to organise own work effectively.
- Knows where to seek help when needed.
- Knows where to find things and adheres to deadlines
Procedural / Product / Specialist Knowledge:
- A good understanding of specified products, routine tasks and procedures within own team, including some non-routine activities.
- Where appropriate is aware of regulatory practices and constraints which impact on own work.
Excellent Microsoft Excel skills, including the following:
- Ability to move and sort data columns, and re-format multiple tabbed large Excel files.
- Advanced knowledge of vLookUp operations, Autosum functions, Pivot Tables, SumIf processes and complex calculation formulas.
- Extract data from various spreadsheet formats (CSV, XLS, XLSX) to reconcile figures.
- Working knowledge of CountIf, SumProduct and hLookUp operations would be an advantage.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
- Reporting Requirements
- Client Administration