An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Senior Administrator to join a leading London secondary school on a full time basis. This position has arisen due to a re-structure and they are looking for a pro-active candidate to join the team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the school with key administrative tasks. It is essential to excellent numeracy skills, experience of expenditure reporting, strong Microsoft office skills and able to work independently and also as part of a team in flexible manner and show a willingness to 'much in’ whenever necessary. If you are excellent with numeracy, possess solid organisation skills with high attention to detail, this could be the perfect role for you!
Senior Administrator duties:
- As a Senior Administrator, you will be managing the operational needs of this busy school and ensuring the administration and back office operations are well managed.
- You will assist the Office Manager in managing and supporting the administrators in the office.
- In addition, you will be providing a high level of financial administrative support, including placing orders, raising invoices, stock checks, managing subscriptions and keeping the accounting system up to date.
- You will be given full training on the internal financial software.
- You will be a point of contact for pupils, parents and third parties dealing with general enquiries.
- You will carry out general administrative duties including printing for staff, setting up assemblies as required.
- To be the Office expert and trouble-shooter on all electronic systems and School procedures and policies
- To ensure high levels of compliance on all systems, in order to ensure the Office leads by example
- You will need to ensure that all work is completed in a timely and accurate way.
- First Aid Co-Ordinator
- Be First Aid trained (training can be provided)
- Check medical conditions/allergies of any new starters and update on spreadsheet - let staff know where necessary
- Ensure we have stock of first aid equipment (plasters, dressings, gauze, sick bags etc.)
- Ensure pupil medication is appropriately labelled and that we have details from home of when/how to give it/dose etc.
Senior Administrator skills:
- This is an interesting and challenging role that would suit a confident and professional individual who enjoys using their initiative and who has a 'can do’ working style
- You have excellent communication skills and are highly organised
- You are a self starter and able to work with little or no supervision
- Have the ability to make decisions, as this is also key to the role
- You are good at managing people and helping them as required
- You are able to think long-term and are always thinking of ways to improve current procedures.
- It is essential that you are confident in dealing with a variety of people
- Attention to detail
- Highly organised
- Ability to lead and manage
- Lead by example
- Takes pride in their work
- Excellent Microsoft Office proficiency including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to type at speed and with accuracy
- Excellent communication skills and understanding the importance of keeping staff updated
Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your response, occasionally due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application may not have been successful this time but we will keep your details on file and may contact you with future opportunities.
- Office Operations
- Secondary School
- General Administrative Duties
- Placing Orders