Job Purpose: (What the job role involves)
Under limited direction, to provide a high level of professional secretarial and administration support to the EMEA UK LERO/ EMEA CAO and other Senior Risk Managers in the team/department as required.
- To assist in general secretarial/administrative tasks, including but not limited to:
- Proactive management the extremely busy diaries of the senior managers which will span multiple time zones, ensuring accuracy of details at all times and collating all relevant paperwork in a timely manner.
- The co-ordination of meetings/conference calls including the collation and preparation of papers, etc., for numerous meetings.
- Assist the senior managers to manage output, workflow and internal, external and regulatory deadlines.
- Manage incoming telephone calls, dealing with where possible, taking comprehensive messages and highlighting urgent matters to the appropriate person.
- Manage incoming mail in a timely manner, prioritizing and highlighting urgent matters and dealing where possible.
- To ensure that clients (internal and external) are dealt with efficiently and politely.
- Setting up video/WebEx/conference calls.
- Booking of training, conferences and seminars.
- Preparing itineraries and booking all travel and accommodation through corporate travel agent and on behalf of visitors travelling from overseas.
- Preparing and processing expenses and invoices in a timely manner.
- Working with IT and Facilities as required (procuring equipment, investigating IT issues, new starter setups etc).
- Organisation and storage of electronic and paper records associated with the role.
- The opportunity to become involved with committee secretariat duties and ad hoc projects.
To assist in risk administration / secretarial tasks, including but not limited to:
- Creation of a wide range of documents including confidential information, audit files, presentations, reports, proposals, meeting agendas and other documents, using Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Assisting with production of papers for internal and external use (printing, photocopying, binding and delivery to clients).
- New Staff On-boarding / Staff Off-boarding.
Requirements; (what we are looking for)
The successful candidate should be organised, efficient and capable of working to instructions with minimum supervision. They will also have:
- Previous experience of performing a Senior Administration / PA role within a large global organisation and working with senior level stakeholders. Previous experience from financial services or banking would be a distinct advantage.
- Proven administrative, secretarial, document production and PA experience, along with advanced knowledge of MS Office packages, especially Word, Power Point and Excel.
- Experience of internal financial and expense management systems and following internal financial and billing processes (PeopleSoft for example).
- Must be well organized and competent in the use of a variety of computer software and spreadsheets.
- A high level of interpersonal skills are required to handle sensitive and confidential issues.
- Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
In addition to these attributes they must have:
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, prioritising tasks accordingly and the ability to recognise the necessity to escalate issues effectively ensuring tasks are completed within set timescales.
- Numerate and able to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with a "can do" attitude and able to use own initiative.
- Extensive diary management experience, including the ability to proactively manage diary conflicts and short notice diary changes.
- Strong project management skills, supporting effective tracking of tasks through to successful completion.
- Excellent organisational skills in order to support the effective storage of electronic and paper records associated with the role.
- Demonstrate sound judgment and good decision making when dealing with problems - able to solve challenging problems.
- Proactive and enthusiastic approach to work.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal calmly and diplomatically with variety of senior personnel and external contacts.
- Proven experience of successfully managing internal and external stakeholders both by telephone and face to face, including leveraging influencing skills to achieve role objectives.
- Operate effectively and collaboratively as part of a wider team of assistants both within EMEA Risk Management and wider executive/business stakeholders.
- Proactive in building and maintaining strong working relationships that support effective completion of role.
- Seen as 'approachable’ and helpful.
- Strong team player who will actively offer support and cover other duties as requested.
- Work flexibly to help the teams achieve their goals, and respond positively to change.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.