Senior Actuarial Analyst
Fantastic opportunity for five Senior Actuarial Analysts to join Capita's Actuarial Projects team
About Capita | Business Unit
We are Capita, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through bespoke, quality solutions, we've helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
We are seeking highly motivated part qualified actuarial students to join our expanding team. The role provides an excellent opportunity to get involved with the many aspects of actuarial support that we provide to our clients. This includes opportunities to deliver within a Capita team, as well as while on placements with our clients.
At Capita, we offer an experience which combines elements of both consultancy and traditional life office work. The wide variety of work means you will enjoy freedom to choose how your career progresses and on the job training ensures you are able to progress quickly and take on additional responsibilities from an early stage.
Develop and employ actuarial methods in the fields of:
- Policy Servicing
- Life Reporting
- Actuarial Project Delivery
Duties & Responsibilities:
This will involve numerical analysis of data, applying actuarial techniques, principles and theory, solution design/build/test/implementation and communication with both local and external stakeholders as required.
- 4+ years demonstrable experience in the Life Insurance industry, either from a life office or outsourcer, to include financial reporting, pricing, and project delivery (specifically policyholder remediation)
- At least 5 of the 8 Institute of Actuaries CT written subjects passed
- Expertise in MS Excel
- Experience of MS Access, VBA for Excel, actuarial modelling tools (eg Prophet, Moses)
- Coordination of project deliverables
- Good knowledge of actuarial issues and techniques
- Coordination of small project or delivery teams
- SQL experience
Required Personal Attributes:
- A willingness to travel and work out of other Capita sites/client offices as required
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work independently
- Well organised and able to multitask
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to critically evaluate and validate information gathered from multiple sources
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail with the ability to provide constructive feedback to colleagues
- Organisational skills to plan and prioritise own workload
- Generous study support for actuarial exams
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you 23 day's holiday, pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share plan schemes, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Posting date: 09 March 2018
Closing date for applications: 06 April 2018
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
- Senior Actuarial Analyst