Senior Actuarial Analyst in Capita's multi-client Actuarial Services team.
We are looking for a number of highly motivated, part qualified actuaries, who are either actively studying or have stopped taking the exams, to join our expanding team.
The roles provide an excellent opportunity to get involved with the many aspects of life and pensions actuarial work that we deliver to our clients, including actuarial policy servicing, corporate reporting, modelling, transformation and project delivery.
At Capita, we offer an experiencewhich combines elements of both consultancy and traditional life office work. We value skills and experience developed in the office as much as success with the professional exams, so we provide opportunities to get involved in a wide variety of work to enable you to continuously progress.
We are looking for candidates who will enjoy working closely with our clients. You will be developing relationships with clients and internal stakeholders from an early stage, identifying opportunities to improve and build on our delivery and resource solutions. You will be based at one of Capita's offices but will often be working from various client sites for periods of time supporting our client's needs, so an appetite for travel is desirable.
Desired skillset/personal attributes:
- Part qualified actuarial student with at least 3 years' varied experience in the Life Insurance industry, either from a life office, Business Process Outsourcer or consultancy
- Advanced MS Excel skills including VBA
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex actuarial principles clearly and appropriately, both verbally and in writing.
- Attention to detail with the ability to provide constructive feedback to colleagues
- Organisational skills to plan and prioritise own and others' workload
- Experience in co-ordinating project deliverables or managing a small team
- Good working knowledge of actuarial issues and techniques
- Experience of actuarial modelling tools (e.g. Prophet, Moses) including model development/coding experience
- Ability to work independently and as part of a wider multi-discipline team
- Flexibility to support our clients as required
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
- Senior Actuarial Analyst
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job