This role is within a well established group and is very good opportunity for someone as the company is undergoing change for the better!
This is a full time, permanent position 9-5.30pm- free off street parking,25 days + 8 days Bank Holiday.
• Process suppliers’ invoices: sort, code and match invoices to POs, using 3-way match.
Ensure that complex invoices, from approved non PO vendors, are processed timely and accurately using supporting documentation such as coding matrixes to aid accuracy (e.g. Fleet; Mobile phones; Temporary Labour agencies; etc.)
• Work closely with main vendors in order to get coding of costs correct first time & in upload format as much as possible
• Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
• Manage the PO compliance process namely, reject (and record separately) invoices that do not state a valid PO & follow the strict policy on 'one-time vendor' & ‘non PO vendors'.
• Supervise the compliance of one-off "Payment requisitions"; namely, ensure that a 'one-off' cost follows an approval workflow that include the correct authority levels
• Reconcile ledgers vs. supplier statements and maintain accurate and up to date creditors accounts and owning the overall “cleanliness” of the ledger to ensure debit balances, unallocated cash, and un-matched items are minimised; ensuring evidence of the reconciliation and supporting documentation is easily retrieved to support audit and possible queries
• Dealing with suppliers' queries
• Monitoring and resolving enquiries received into central Purchasing Email account, and all enquiries actioned within SLA
Analytical & continuous improvement
• To assist the Management Accounts function in preparation for month-end, ensuring invoice data entry and capture is “record to report” ready to support accounting processes and analysis.
This will include: preparing prepayments schedule and posting journals to ensure that pre-paid invoices are accounted for correctly; generating PO reports to identify potential accruals; posting journals to re-allocate costs.
• Bringing re-occurring queries with vendors or processes to the attention of the management team for onward analysis
• Timely resolution of on-stop and legal issues in line with departmental KPIs ensuring invoices are paid at the earliest opportunity
• Assist with month end closing and year-end duties
• Prepare weekly cash payments projection for the business
• Assisting in the preparation of various weekly/ monthly reports for the FM / FD
Including suite of non-compliance reports (NPO/QPO; Parked inv.; GR Debit balances)
• Assistance with purchasing reporting (price / volume) to support management decisions and procurement reviews
Analytical capability; methodical, thorough and logical
Good organisational skills
Attention to detail
Ability to communicate well (verbal and written) across all levels
Capable of multi-tasking
Ability to work under pressure in order to meet tight deadlines
Able build relationships with stakeholders & numerous suppliers
Calm, confident manner and focused approach to problem solving
Willing to bring concerns to corporate attention via prescribed channels
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job