My client are looking for a Senior Accounts Payable Manager to join their business on a temporary basis. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who likes problem solving and overcoming challenges. The role is based in Hemel Hempstead.
My Hemel Hempstead based client are a Not for Profit and Charities organisation who are going through a large system implementation at the moment, due to a large number of their processes currently being paper based. There is a large opportunity here for someone who would like to take a project that is already in process but make it their own. Reporting into the Finance Director, you will be responsible for bringing new ideas to the table and coming up with a valid way to implement them in an efficient manner.
The main duties of the Senior Accounts Payable Manager will be:
- To design the new revised staffing structure going-forward, once the process improvements have been implemented
- Make the processes as streamlined and paper-free as possible
To maintain the purchase ledger ensuring completeness and accuracy of the information
- To reconcile the purchase ledger to the general ledger on a monthly basis
- Come up with and implement change
Carry out contract negotiations with new and existing suppliers
Implement and monitor procurement policies and procedures across the business to ensure savings and efficiency is maximised
The successful Senior Accounts Payable Manager:
- Will have previous experience of leading a change management process/ system implementation process
- Will have previously been in charge of implementing a new invoicing system
- Previously turned around an under performing accounts payable department
On offer to the candidate is £60k - £70k. negotiable depending on experience.