Senior Accounts Assistant is needed to join a highly successful fast-paced business at their office on the outskirts of Exeter, close to the M5. This is a unique established business with sustained growth and a friendly, lively working environment. This role is well suited to a Senior Accounts Assistant with a proactive and commercially astute approach.
Senior Accounts Assistant - The Role:
Supporting the Company Accountant and taking responsibility for a range of accounting tasks:
- Managing the purchase ledger: Processing purchase invoices, investigating and resolving queries, approving invoices for payment and dealing with suppliers to arrange payments, reconciling supplier statements
- Checking the company’s multiple bank accounts, entering payments to Sage and reconciling all bank accounts
- Managing the sales ledger: posting all sales invoices by month end, generating customer statements, credit control as needed, resolving queries and allocating payments on account
- EC Sales list and Intrastat reporting
- VAT returns
- Supporting and assisting the Company Accountant with month end duties and management accounting tasks
- Assisting with accounting duties for the US subsidiary business
- Handling accounts enquiries
- Renewing contracts for utilities
- Assisting with research for new setups, pricing systems, etc
- Credit reviews, supplier/customer/stock record maintenance
- Ad hoc duties to support the success of the accounts team
Senior Accounts Assistant - The Person:
The successful candidate will be an experienced and proactive Senior Accounts Assistant with a track record including purchase and sales ledger and ideally some experience of month end duties.
An effective communicator, you will possess an approachable personality and a confident, positive attitude.
Experience of Sage is highly desirable.
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000pa depending on experience/qualifications + benefits including free parking, flexitime and the potential for study support.
Hours: Monday - Friday, full time.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE REVIEWED PROMPTLY WITH INTERVIEWS TO TAKE PLACE ASAP
Isca Recruitment Ltd provides services as an agency and an employment business.
Isca Recruitment is an Exeter based boutique recruitment consultancy making the perfect match between client and candidate. Specialists in office support, accountancy and finance across the South West.
- Management Accounts
- sales ledger
- purchase ledger
- accounts assistant
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'