Our clients are an established small local charity who are looking for a self motivated Senior Accounts Assistant to join their friendly and relaxed office. The charity helps to provide care and support for hundreds of people each week.
This role is a part time position for 20 - 25 hours per week but with flexible working patterns. Applicants must be able to have the capabilities to give more to the role as it progresses.
The main duties of the role will be to be responsible for payroll, managing sales, purchase ledger and other ad-hoc duties
To accurately manage the recording and payment of all finances and external invoicing to include:
- To input all payroll in accourdance with the timetable
- Liase with the Fiance Manager or Chief Executive on payroll input
- Ensure payroll is recorded and input for pay day
- BACS payments
- Responsible for all pension & HMRC data input & payments
- Maintain and update all employee payroll information and deal with any queries
- To deal with all invoices and expense forms and record onto the system
- Manage any expenditure queries
- Allocate all invoices for relevant approvals and process once returned
- Distribute any anomalies for checking
- Set up payments for authorisation
- Prepare all invoices and send to clients; check payments received and process.
- Manage client invoice queries
- Credit control procedures ensuring outstanding debt it minimal
- Assist The FM with all aspects of accounts preparation
- Manage bank arrangments
- Assist colleagues with budget and expeniture enquiries
- Liase closely with the fundraising team to notify on all donations.
Candidates must have:
- Previous experience in a finance function is essential
- Knowledge and experience of Payroll management and HMRC requirements
- Experience of a computerised payroll system
- A flexible and approachable attitude in the work place
- Accurate and articulate
- Strong IT, Micorsoft Office and Quickbooks skills.
- Excellent communication skills across all levels
All candidates will be subject to completion of a standard DBS check and must adhere to the charities strict code of confidentiality at all times.
- Accounts Assistant
- Purchase Ledger