Senior Accounts Assistant– Ufford Park is a well-established and popular establishment near Woodbridge and we are currently looking for an enthusiastic and experienced part time Senior Accounts Assistant to join our team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a small friendly professional team within a busy golf, hotel and leisure business on a part time basis.
Reporting to the Account Manager the key duties of this role will be –
- Transaction (invoice) authorisation and processing into a Sage Accounting System
- Payroll processing using Sage
- Cost control and variance analysis
- Preparation of VAT returns for review and filing
- Prepayment and accrual preparation
- Month-end close routines and year-end audit support
- Data analysis using Excel spreadsheets
- Reconciliation of trial balance accounts to source system data
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills -
- Experience using Sage accounting and payroll systems is essential
- Experience within a small accounts department in the service sector
- Experience in using accounts and revenue systems, payroll systems and excel is highly desirable
- Have a good understanding of trial balances, profit and loss accounts, budget and variance analyses and balance sheets.
- Accuracy, integrity and discretion in handling commercial and confidential information.
- Enthusiasm, willingness and flexibility to meet all challenges
- A passion to work within a company that thrives on team work and service to our customers.
This position is part time based on 22.5 hours per week between Monday and Friday however there is flexibility to which days and hours are worked to suit the right candidate.
We are offering a salary of £20000-£22000 per annum pro rata.
If you are interested in this role and your skills match the requirements, then please do not hesitate to apply.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider. The regions Fixed Fee Web Recruiter and Online Job Advertiser. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, and Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Accounts, Sage, Payroll, Reporting, Revenue
By applying for this role, you give permission for Spider to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information you provide in order for the prospective employer outlined within this advertisement to review your application for the specific role applied for.