Permanent Senior Accounts Assistant, Thame, paying £18-£23k + Study Support
Your new company
A charitable organisation based in Thame are currently recruiting for a senior accounts assistant. This role has come up due to 2 people being promoted in the accounts team.
Your new role
The purpose of this role is to input and reconcile financial data on a timely and accurate basis to ensure the financial ledgers are accurate and up to date, and provide support to the accounts team, management accountants and Head of Finance with purchase ledger, bank reconciliations, credit control, internal audits and ad-hoc duties as and when required.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- To support all areas of finance working closely with accounts team and management accountants to ensure timely input and accurate data within the ledgers.
- To build good working relationships with Finance Team, Divisional Directors, Operational Managers, Support Manager and admin teams and communicate finance issues clearly by phone and email.
- To monitor the Finance inbox and provide cover to the Finance Administrator on monitoring the Finance Payables inbox.
- To distribute collate and post onto Access the Onecard credit card transactions.
- To input and code purchase ledger invoices/credit notes daily and accurately into Access Dimensions, and take copies of invoices coded to the balance sheet and pass to the management accountant for that division.
- To approve invoices on aCloud.
- To cover the update of supplier details with new/amendments to bank account, address, name change, ensuring backup information is retained to support the amendment/update. Obtain Assistant Accounts Managers authorisation prior to making amendment to record.
- To produce bi-weekly payment runs from aged creditor report, and ad-hoc payments for review by the Assistant Accounts Manager and authorisation by the Accounts Manager.
- To print cheque payment runs for authorisation by the Accounts Manager and Head of Finance.
- To assist in raising sales ledger invoices/credit notes daily and return to the management accountants for that division.
- To assist in the input of cash received to the sales ledger and process straightforward cash allocations on debtor accounts ensuring up to date and reliable information on the status of the sales ledger. Complex Local Authority payments are to be passed to the management accountant for that division.
- To reconcile Head Office bank account for review by the Head of Finance.
- To input bank transactions for the Purchase Ledger and MPS bank accounts ready for reconciliation by the Assistant Accounts Manager.
- To input petty cash transactions for several divisions and reconcile balances to ensure accurate records, for review by the Head of Finance.
- To process monthly recharge journals as allocated by the Assistant Accounts Manager.
- To prepare and balance specific balance sheet reconciliations as supplied by the Accounts Manager, ready for review by the Head of Finance.
- To bank cheques received in the post regularly, and on the last day of the month.
- To assist in the credit control duties of the accounts team.
- To assist the Accounts Manager in preparing and carrying out Internal Audits, then write up and upload onto Carista.
- To assist with providing information to auditors during the year-end audit process.
- Assist with answering telephone and email queries for the accounts department.
- Annual archive of filing for accounts area.
The working hours are 9am - 5pm with half an hour for lunch.
What you'll need to succeed
Ideally you will be studying for your AAT qualification, and you must have at least a years' recent experience in a finance role. You will have an excellent attitude to work and be keen to learn. You will not be expected to know how to do everything described above, as training will be provided, however you will be strong on at least some of these points.
The accounting system is Access Dimensions.
What you'll get in return
The salary being offered for this role is between £18-£23k depending on your level of experience, study support is also offered. There are fantastic progression opportunities in this company.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.