AJ Chambers are currently recruiting for a well established Accountancy Practice based in Birmingham. The client is seeking a new Senior Accountant due to them recently making an acquisition of another local practice.
The firm are
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Experienced at managing your own small jobs in a practice setting.
- Self-Assessment returns are the priority, you must look after your own portfolio.
- Must be able to work on their own and meet their deadlines without supervision.
- Knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS.
- Provide advice and coaching to junior staff
- Dealing with a varied client portfolio (T/O up to £5million) including OMBs, construction, entertainment, retail etc.
- Team management, identifying any training needs and providing guidance to junior team members ensuring cohesion amongst the close knit team
- Professional, but friendly and approachable, style; with good communication (verbal and written) skills.
- ACA/ACCA qualified (or equivalent).
- Accounting and tax experience within a small or medium sized general practice environment.
- A confident team player.
- Organised and effective; able to self-manage and comfortable working with deadlines.
- Client focused.
- Commercial awareness.
- Sound technical skills in the areas of accounts and taxation for corporate SMEs, partnerships and sole traders.
- Experienced on sage and Xero and competent on Excel.
For more information on this Senior Accountant role, please either apply directly or contact Ben Bennett at AJ Chambers. If this role isn’t for you but you do possess many of the requirements then please do get in contact with us, as we may be able to offer a more suitable role.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'