Excellent newly created role for a prominent Organisation in Carlisle. Senior Accountant, up to £45000k
Your new company
A prominent and notable employer based in Carlisle are seeking to recruit a Senior Accountant to strengthen their Finance team, this is a key, pivotal role and is responsible for assisting in the validation, evaluation, interpretation and reporting of financial results.
Your new role
This is the number two role within the Finance team and reports to the Financial Controller, based in Carlisle.
Key responsibilities of this role:
- Reconciliation of balance-sheets
- Ownership and responsibility of reporting costs, productivity, margins, expenditures, and variances
- Control and reconciliation of key cost areas
- Full involvement of monthly forecasting and annual budgeting processes
- Production of error-free accounting reports and presenting their results
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Business partnering across the departments to promote and develop an understanding and accountability of financial spending, to create a shared vision for continuous improvement
- Provide cover and deputise for the department as and where required.
This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified accountant looking for career progression with an excellent employer, this role will provide scope, challenge and clear path for development.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA), with significant PQE
Excellent communication skills; you will be comfortable developing relationships across all levels of the business, influencing and informing where necessary.
Strong technical accounting skills, self starter and enthusiasm
Resilient character with the ability to work under pressure, working to tight deadlines.
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary up to £45,000 per annum dependent on experience.
25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Excellent benefits package
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- management accounts
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"