Senior Accountant (Public Practice) - North London
NLB Solutions are currently on the look out for an experienced Senior Accountant to work for a well established, medium sized chartered accountancy practice based in North London.
If successful, you will be based in their highly attractive offices based in North London and be part of a strong, growing and dynamic team. You will have the opportunity to manage a portfolio of clients whilst reporting into several partners of the practice.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- The preparation of statutory accounts, year-end accounts or rental accounts (as appropriate) for limited companies, sole traders and partnerships.
- The preparation of monthly or quarterly management accounts to provide clients with relevant information to their required specification.
- The preparation and completion of client VAT returns of mixed complexity (some including partial exemptions) including liaising with the client to provide the required information, producing supporting schedules and completing the VAT return by the deadline.
- Undertaking some bookkeeping on behalf of clients (in house or at client premises), including processing transactions from documents provided by the client and reconciling control accounts, including Bank, Sales ledger, Purchase ledger and VAT.
- Ad-hoc arrangements, either in house or at a client's premises covering any of the above areas, helping with client queries in relation to bookkeeping or accounts work. This may include providing clients with bookkeeping training.
- Reporting directly to the relevant manager of improvements which could be made to the client's accounts function as noted when conducting and preparing accounts.
- Record time spent on each client's affairs using the relevant computer software to submit weekly timesheets, ensuring that work is completed within budget.
- Provide supervision and task support to more junior team members, sharing knowledge and providing guidance.
- Attend and participate in team meetings and attend training such as seminars and CPD updates as necessary.
- ACCA/ACA qualified or equivalent by experience.
- A minimum of three years' relevant practice experience.
- Strong previous experience in accounts preparation, VAT and bookkeeping work.
- Previous experience of using CCH software packages, Sage, QuickBooks, Xero Accounts and/or other associated accounting apps.
- Own vehicle to enable travel to client's premises when required
- Experience working in both Audit & Accounts
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- £40,000 - £50,000 (dependent on experience)
If you're seeking an opportunity that will allow you to progress your career within practice, this is definitely the role for you. The medium sized practice we are currently working with have endless opportunities to progress and develop your career!
To hear more on this opportunity based in North London, please either apply directly below or contact George at NLB Solutions to hear more. NLB Solutions also offer some additional exciting opportunities so if this role isnt for you, please give us a call to find out more regarding other opportunities in London and the home county areas.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'