Axiom are recruiting for a Senior Accountant on a 12 month contract who will report to the Finance Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Managing the statutory accounts process, including Group and all entity accounts, ensuring internal and statutory deadlines are met.
- Manage relationship with auditors and keep up-to-date with new accounting standards and other issues as they arise.
- Maintenance of the BGL ledger, including processing of all balances relating to senior debt, intercompany debt and interest rate swaps.
- Other monthly postings - including pensions, terminations, holiday pay, group adjustments, etc.
- Manage the Shared Services cost centres, reviewing monthly results and reporting each month.
- Managing the budget/forecast process for Shared Services.
- Producing consolidated Group budget/forecast models.
- Reconcile and agree Group figures each month prior to closing ledgers.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts, both for the Group and individual divisions.
- Preparation of monthly internal reports including the CEO and CFO reports.
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly external reports, including to shareholders and banks.
- Maintain covenant model and ensure covenant certificates are sent to the banks each quarter. Regular modelling of forecast covenants and possible scenarios to ensure optimal covenant performance and identify issues.
- Regular liaison with tax on statutory accounts and other issues.
- Involvement in projects as required.
- Other ad-hoc requests.
- Manage team of 6, including performance appraisals, personal development and ensuring appropriate workloads.