Our client is a well-established firm based in Harpenden who are keen to find an Accountant who is looking for a fantastic opportunity to gain exposure, experience and a long-term investment in their future.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the personal drive, desire, aptitude and ability to assume additional responsibilities and be ready for promotion to Office Manager / Client Partner of a successful, growing and dynamic, multi-office firm within 2-3 years with the potential to become an equity partner
Demonstrating good communications skills, aptitude and the ability to assume additional responsibilities when required.
Roles & Responsibilities of Practice Senior Accountant in Harpenden, Hertfordshire:
- Quality of work: accuracy, thoroughness, completeness. Assignments are completed using standard work-papers/templates to a high standard that are ready for review. Partners can complete their reviews and communicate with the client within assigned review budgets. All in and out client correspondence is filled in CCH documents management. Extra fields are updated as appropriate (fee reviews targets
- Productivity: assignments are completed within the budgeted time and costs (to achieve 3 X salary & NI fee target) which are always checked before commencing work. Colleague always checks the agreed Client "Record Quality" factored into client fees and escalates any issues with the Partners for resolution with the client before spending time
- Teamwork and Communication: Colleague is a positive and effective team player. Treats colleagues with dignity and respect. Communicates issues or problems within the team and with the Partners as necessary. Helps colleagues
- Administration: Checks fees, raises invoices on time, follows up on unpaid debts, and completes accurate time records.
The ideal candidate for this Senior Accountant Role in Harrow will have:
- Qualified / Qualifying in next 6 months (ACA or ACCA) with a minimum 3 years broad accountancy practice experience
- Demonstrated personal drive, desire, aptitude and ability to assume additional responsibilities and be ready for promotion to Office Manager / Client Partner Senior Management Team level within 2-3 years with potential to become an equity partnerGood working knowledge of Practice Management systems (e.g. CCH) as well as bookkeeping systems (e.g. QuickBooks, Xero, Receipt Bank etc)
Ability to market, proactively develop client relationships and convert client prospects
Driven and results focused
A friendly, open personality with excellent interpersonal and client service skills
A person who enjoys working as part of a dynamic team
Excellent Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel skills
What's on offer?
- Competitive salary £33,000 - £38,000, depending on experience
- Flexible working hours
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays
- Varied and interesting client portfolio
- Friendly and inclusive working environment
- Company pension scheme
- Lives in close proximety to Harpenden
Insite Recruitment refer a friend scheme
Do you know a Senior Accountant based in Harpenden or someone who may be suitable for this role? Should you introduce a candidate to Insite who we subsequently place, we will send you a £250 retail gift voucher!