Global Telecommunications firm is looking for a high calibre, qualified Accountant to join its large and dynamic Central London based EMEA Financial Reporting team.
Reporting to a Finance Manager in the EMEA Financial Reporting team of c.30 (as part of a wider EMEA Faince division of c.150), the successful candidate will have responsibilities including Opex and Netex accounting for a number of entities and Statutory Accounts and Audit work.
- Preparation of statutory accounts (including dealing with outsourced accounting service provider and auditors, ensuring all issues are resolved and audits and statutory filings are completed on time);
- Ensure that the Oracle General Ledger is maintained on a timely and accurate basis for specified companies and that management reporting activities are completed as required;
- Support the preparation of US GAAP monthly accounts for a number of European entities;
- Enter month end Netex (Network Cost) entries - including Cost of Sales, Voice, and other accrual and prepayments journals
- Preparation of Netex Statutory Audit files for a number of EMEA entities involving detailed analysis of cost by vendor and legal entity
- Intercompany accounting work, including calculating and booking Intercompany Interest, and Transfer Pricing and Reassignment transactions, and resolving Intercompany differences.
- Monthly preparation of balance sheet reconciliations;
- Preparation of VAT returns for a number of European entities;
- Prepare monthly and quarterly FX analysis;
- Support training and review of work of more junior accounting team member(s);
- Ensuring statistical and other statutory returns are completed and filed for assigned entities;
- Preparation of bank reconciliations for a number of European bank accounts, booking and review of bank journals, and preparation and review of the cash clearing accounts monthly;
- Involvement in a number of ad hoc projects under the supervision of the Accounting Manager driving system efficiencies.
- ACA or ACCA Qualified (or equivalent)
- The ideal candidate will have Qualified in a leading international Accounting Practice. However candidates who qualified in a multinational Blue Chip Commerce and Industry company are also welcome to apply.
- Some Commerce and Industry experience (preferably Telecommunications / IT) would be an advantage, but candidates straight from Practice are welcome to apply
- The candidate should have good MS Office skills. Oracle experience would be an advantage
- The ability to work on their own initiative as well as part of a team.
- The job requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Candidate should be accurate, flexible, a good team player, self-motivated and attentive to detail.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job