Rutherford Briant are currently recruiting a motivated Senior Accountant for a leading firm of Accountants based in Stevenage.
The role will work alongside Managers and senior staff, with a range of client exposure and responsibilities for relationship building and client management.
The role will include a variety of duties including:
- Manage a portfolio of clients within a variety of industries, acting as their main point of contact
- Prepare financial statements and year end accounts for clients in accordance with the relevant accounting standards
- Build and maintain effective client relationships, including attending client premises as required
- Prepare schedules for Tax returns
- Complete VAT returns, Company Accounts and CT600s
- Organise your own work portfolio, allocating assignments and managing your time as necessary taking into consideration your client deadlines and other time constraints
- Ensure that all work is delivered within budget and time requirements
- Liaise with third parties as required, such as HMRC, payroll and other members of your team
- Attend client meetings as and when required
- Contribute positively in team meetings
The ideal candidate would be: ACCA or ACA qualified with a minimum of four years’ experience within Practice. The successful candidate will be highly professional and organised. They will have excellent interpersonal skills and be well organised, computer literate along with the ability to use various accounting packages including Sage, Xero and Iris.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job