My client offers an integrated technology platform for selling travel ticketing solutions in the UK and internationally.
They are seeking a Senior Accountant to join their London office on a temporary contract basis.
Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Accountant will have ownership over billing and reconciliations across the business. The Senior Accountant will possess superior critical thinking skills and attention to detail, while having the ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction to accomplish the objectives and tasks assigned. The Senior Accountant will be joining a small Finance team spread across three offices, and will have a huge amount of influence over the development and direction of the department as it grows.
• Own all aspects of Accounts Receivable for several of our companies, which includes but is not limited to
o Building relationships with the internal commercial team
o Entering invoices properly into the accounting system
o Sending invoices/statements out to customers
o Reconciling deferred revenue to ensure completeness and accuracy
o Handling customer financial inquiries in a timely and professional manner
• Manage monthly reconciliations of customer accounts
• Reconcile merchant accounts and ensure proper handling of chargebacks as needed
• Completion of balance sheet reconciliations at month end
• Assist controller with month end reporting requirements to parent company
• As a member of a small team, contribute to any and all aspects of the financial operations as needed Qualifications, experience and characteristics
• Undergraduate degree or higher in accounting/finance
• ACCA or CIMA or equivalent preferred
• 2-4+ years of experience desired, preferably with a mix of public accounting and private company experience. Will hire on aptitude and ability over experience.
• Solid knowledge of US GAAP and financial controls
• Highly detail oriented and organized
• The ability to work on multiple projects and the ability to prioritize in order to meet aggressive timelines and expectations
• "Continuous Improvement" and "Can do" mindset will be critical.
- Balance Sheet
- Financial Accounting
- Management Accounts
- US GAAP
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job