Senior Accountant/Management Accountant - Public Sector
A local council is looking for a Management Accountant for an initial 3 month temporary role based in Hertford.
- Working with all departments and the management team to help make financial decisions
- Ability to analyse problems, proposed solutions, and explain complex financial information (including financial risk) to senior managers, including being able to persuade and negotiate as to the actions required.
- Preparing financial statements
- Prepare budgets and analysing company's financial performance and making longer term forecasts
- Providing information for audits
- Ability to interpret, apply and explain financial policies, procedures, guidance and legislation.
- Ability to manage personal workloads, considering the business need and prioritisation of tasks. Also able to supervise and motivate team members, including helping to manage their workloads.
- Ability to make effective use of multiple data sources (including ensuring that you have complete information); obtain, analyse and summarise benchmarking data; to carry out detailed financial analysis; and present the results in a clear and concise way to support proposed courses of action.
- CCAB qualified, equivalent based on experience or studying towards same is desirable.
- Ability to build effective relationships with all levels of staff and management, creating trust and confidence.
- Ability to provide innovative solutions and recommendations, including challenging existing practice.
- Ability to prepare and review business cases, to analyse financial and non-financial factors, exhibit commercial awareness and use wider implications.
- Ability to work independently, as well as being able to work effectively across teams and with other services. Able to influence others to ensure achievement of shared objectives.
In addition to this, the key skills we require are:
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Quick learner
- Good written communication skills - briefing papers
- Good interpersonal skills and able to communicate with staff at all levels
- Able to influence senior managers
- Good excel skills, experience with ERP systems, SAP desirable but not essential
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Global is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.
- public sector
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'