Cripps Recruitment is seeking a Senior Accountant, to join our client’s friendly and dynamic practice near Bicester.
This accredited practice provides highly professional accountancy, tax advisory and audit services to sole-traders through to US parent-owned companies.
Within this role, the Senior Accountant will be working on a range tax and accounting tasks including:
- Communicating with clients to request information for accounts, VAT returns and tax returns
- Reviewing bookkeeping work - done by the team or by the client - and resolving any queries with the client -
- Completing and submitting VAT returns
- Preparing sole-trade accounts and related tax returns
- Completing and submitting company accounts and corporation tax returns
- Completing monthly or quarterly management accounts
- Preparing and submitting individual and partnership tax returns and statutory accounts
- Completing and submitting CIS returns and dealing with related accounting entries
- Advising clients of upcoming tax payments due
- Training junior staff on bookkeeping, VAT, accounts and tax returns
This is a senior role and the successful candidate will satisfy the following criteria:
- Be a qualified, part-qualified or qualified by experience accountant
- Have a good technical knowledge of accounts, VAT and personal tax
- Be an excellent communicator; it is essential that the Senior Accountant has good written English skills and is confident over the telephone with clients
- Experience of preparing VAT returns, accounts and tax returns within a practice environment
- Ability to train staff and communicate well with others in the team
- Ability to manage and meet multiple deadlines across numerous clients This modern, forward-thinking practice offers a competitive salary and a supportive working environment, within which, the successful candidate can thrive.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
- Financial Accounting
- Tax Returns
- Qualified by Experience