An established, dynamic, medium-sized firm are looking for a Senior Accountant to join their team in St. Albans.
They provide the full range of professional services, including audit and accounts, management consultancy, payroll and taxation. Clients range from all fields of business, industry, the professions and arts, including large corporates operating nationally and internationally, privately owned businesses of every size, partnerships, sole traders and self-employed individuals.
This is an excellent opportunity to join the firm as an Accounts Senior, to work within their busy Accounting Solutions Department, which provides a wide range of services to clients, including accounts preparation, bookkeeping and the production of management accounts and information.
- The preparation of statutory accounts, year-end accounts or rental accounts (as appropriate) for limited companies, sole traders and partnerships.
- The preparation of monthly or quarterly management accounts to provide clients with relevant information to their required specification.
- The preparation and completion of client VAT returns of mixed complexity (some including partial exemptions) including liaising with the client to provide the required information, producing supporting schedules and completing the VAT return by the deadline.
- Undertaking some bookkeeping on behalf of clients (in house or at client premises), including processing transactions from documents provided by the client and reconciling control accounts, including Bank, Sales ledger, Purchase ledger and VAT.
- Ad-hoc arrangements, either in house or at a client's premises covering any of the above areas, helping with client queries in relation to bookkeeping or accounts work. This may include providing clients with bookkeeping training.
- Reporting directly to the relevant manager of improvements which could be made to the client's accounts function as noted when conducting and preparing accounts.
- Record time spent on each client's affairs using the relevant computer software to submit weekly timesheets, ensuring that work is completed within budget.
- Provide supervision and task support to more junior team members, sharing knowledge and providing guidance.
- Attend and participate in team meetings and attend training such as seminars and CPD updates as necessary.
- ACCA qualified or equivalent by experience.
- A minimum of three years' relevant practice experience.
- Strong previous experience in accounts preparation, VAT and bookkeeping.
- Previous experience of using CCH software packages, Sage, QuickBooks, Xero Accounts and/or other associated accounting apps.
- Own vehicle to enable travel to client's premises when required.
- £35,000-£40,000 (dependent on experience)
For more information, please contact Colin Priddle at Taylor Hawkes.
- Senior Accountant
- Accounts Senior
- Accountancy Practice