We are currently recruiting for a dynamic organisation that is seeking to recruit a Senior Account Manager to join their team based in Tunbridge Wells.
The role will require you to be responsible for driving an account by completing the execution of the strategies and activities, with support from the Account Directors. You will ensure that programmes and objectives are being adhered to, and that your accounts are well organised.
You will oversee accounts, taking responsibility for managing, planning, execution, and results with the team. The role will involve developing strategies and activities for clients alongside senior directors, while overseeing the execution and quality control of all aspects of the clients' programmes and relationships with the agency.
Duties will include:
- Accountable for the development of quarterly and forward-looking activity plans
- Accountable for the writing of all day-to-day written material for clients including press releases, features, statements, Q&As, speeches, presentations, award entries etc.
- Amending and improving press releases, internal copy for newsletters etc. drafted by account managers and account executives, and having final approval prior to sending to client
- Managing monthly evaluation reports for existing clients
- Raising the standard of account management to ensure that all communication with clients is of the highest quality
- Taking the lead role in meetings with existing clients, ensuring all preparation is well organised and senior directors are fully briefed on meeting contents
- Assuming a central role in the team and taking full responsibility for your clients and any problems
- Understanding all budgeting procedures
- Writing first stage creative new business proposals with direction from senior directors
- Planning and driving the media relations programme for all clients
- Overseeing the management and organisation of events
- Commissioning and analysing research
- Leading the advising of media handling including interview briefings, developing Q&As, exclusives, embargoes and damage limitations
- Alerting clients to PR risks or opportunities presented by broader areas of corporate responsibility
- Identifying and progressing sponsorship opportunities including planning, contractual agreements, and activity organisation
- Motivating and supervising your team, including handling internal issues and problems before escalating to senior directors
- Implementing and supervising progress of PR campaigns, including delivery against KPI's
- Recruiting the top talent and helping to ensure an effective and organised on-boarding process
Skills and experience required:
- Proven experience in overseeing PR and social media campaigns
- Proven client handling and relationship building skills
- Proven media relations skills
- Ability to influence through effective communication
- Excellent writing and proof reading skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work flexibly and prioritise workload
- Team player with a positive attitude
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job