Market leading media events business is looking for a talented senior Account Manager to head up their flagship exhibition.
Through a mix of account management and some new business, sell high value exhibition pacakages to a loyal and trusted client base. This is a market leading brand within fashion and retail.
Our client is a market global events business and widely recognised as the leading player within the exhibition market. This is an excellent opportunity to manage a flagship retail portfolio and manage a rapidly growing exhibition sales team. Due to the nature of the portfolio the successful candidate will have full ownership of some of the market’s leading clients.
The position of Senior Account Manager - Exhibitions holds a fundamental role within the wider business. This market leading business proudly boasts an array of flagship, industry defining brands and there is enormous opportunity within this role to develop the portfolio further with increased events. This role is has a strong progression path into higher management within 12 months.
You will be responsible for
- Research and assess sales opportunities through new business and account management (approx. 50/50 split).
- Build and maintain existing client relationships.
- Develop and nurture long-term relationships with customers and prospects.
- Self-generation of new sales leads and opportunities for prospects as well as cross-sell/upsell opportunities within the customer base.
- Regular team meetings, mentoring and developing talent
- Meeting with clients face to face to discuss event requirements.
You will have a proven Sales background specifically within media sales, ideally exhibitions. You will be a hard-working, ambitious and driven sales professionals who is happy to conduct sales over the phone & via email, as well as travelling the world on occasion: conducting face to face meetings, attending competitor trade shows and scheduling business development road trips.
- 3 years sales experience minimum, ideally within event sales
- Can demonstrate a proactive and positive attitude to sales and business.
- Has a proven qualification process and can manage a number of opportunities and a sales pipeline.
- Can deliver a 'value proposition' in any form of presentation media.
Lipton Media is a dynamic, proactive and progressive media recruitment agency solely dedicated to the media industry. We are leaders across media sales and creative opportunities. We cover: media sales, digital media sales, print sales, exhibition sales, event sales, conference sales, outdoor sales, radio sales, marketing, conference production and editorial jobs.
Our clients range from small start-up companies to FTSE 100 and 250 businesses. We work with people at every stage of their career from undergraduates looking for their first entry point into sales to senior managers and directors looking for their next challenge.
- Account Manager
- Media Sales
- Exhibition Stands