Who are we?
Formed in 2003, ITS Digital is an IT support company based in Hertford with customers ranging from home, business to NHS. We focus on end-user support, offering the best and most efficient service we can. We have a close working team of engineers and support staff and pride ourselves on our customer relationships. We also look to fully support our employees to ensure a happy positive environment.
Why are we recruiting?
Due to in-house promotions and expansion into new support areas, we are looking for a keen and committed individual to join our friendly IT support team. This position will be based in Hertford at our main office in the Foxholes Business Park.
Are you suitable?
The ideal applicant is passionate about good working practices and wants to help develop and progress our network and server support. There is a great deal of latitude in this role so individuals who are self-motivated, positive and looking not to just fix things but make a real difference to hundreds of sites across Herts & Beds should apply. The job does require a base knowledge of server build and group policy design but learning on the job is also expected. We have a good in-house support network. Ideally, the successful candidate would live reasonably locally.
In this role the successful candidate will be at the heart of our IT support to private companies and the NHS General Practice (Surgeries). There is a wide scope within this role helping to create, develop and maintain our 250 servers we support across Beds and Herts.
· Creating new images for servers
· Helping to design better group policies
· Centralised rollouts of software to the NHS Forest
· General improvements to AV policy across the 4,000 systems within the forest
3rd Line Assistance
· Implementation and Maintenance of Cisco Wireless mesh
· General escalation of tickets from the help desk
· Network diagnostics escalation
· Data & Mail Migrations
· Helping to design brand new customer networks
· Customer site (building) moves
· Project design for site moves
· Turnaround work for older sites
Whilst this is an all-encompassing role, you will be assisted and guided initially by the Networking Manager plus the senior helpdesk team both of which have many years of experience.
This role comes with a wide remit which is created and developed by the individual employed for this role. In other words, the successful candidate has a strong say in policies and implementation for forest wide solutions.
The ideal applicant would have experience in the following:
- Highly experienced and confident working with Windows Server 2008/2012
- Skilled in Active Directory in both creation and repair of domains
- Knowledge of Windows Active Directory Forests
- In-depth knowledge of IP networking, routers, firewalls and VPNs
- Knowledge of server configuration and building, both hardware and software
- Ability to diagnose and repair faults within servers and networks
- Understanding of server backup solutions such as Acronis
- Experience in corporate wireless setups such as Cisco Meraki
- Project experience for network overhauls
- Understanding of DFS file structures
Given the nature of the role a driving license and car is a requirement. Applicants need to be over 21 due to restrictions on vehicle insurance.
Plus points for knowledge & experience:
- Cisco IOS experience (does not need to be CCNA certified)
- Office 365/Azure experience
- General experience with Wireless systems (e.g.. Draytek, Meraki, Ruckus)
- SIP/PBX systems
Hours of work 8.30am - 5.00pm or 9am to 5.30pm (suitable to both parties)
Salary & Benefits
Based on relevant experience, qualifications:
25k-32k per annum
All posts at ITS Digital are subject to a 6-month probation period with standard contract and terms being provided after this period.
ITS Digital run a company pension plan that all members of staff will be automatically enrolled into. This can be opted out of if preferred. In addition, employees are enrolled into our employee health insurance plan in the first policy renewal date after completing their first year of employment.
The holiday entitlement is 28 days including bank holidays accrued over the calendar year.
About usITS Digital Ltd. is a stable progressive debt free company which currently em
- Microsoft Office
- Network Security
- Windows Server
- Cisco Networking
- Desktop Computers