SEND Teaching Assistant with PMLD experience
The SEND Teaching Assistant with PMLD experience is a full time, long term vacancy. You will be required to assist the class teacher whilst supporting and engaging children with SEND, assess and track progress of pupils and support The ideal SEND Teaching Assistant with PMLD experience should have a proven track record in supporting students with complex needs including providing personal, as part of a team and working positively in a demanding environment.
The most suitable SEND Teaching Assistant with PMLD should have the following:
- Experience of working as a PMLD Teaching Assistant in a special school
- Experience providing personal care
- Caring attitude and a passion to contribute the learning and development of pupils.
- Flexible and available for full time work.
- The ability to adapt quickly to a variety of situations.
- Current, valid DBS (update service).
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of safeguarding policies.
- Have own Transport
- Able to apply behaviour policies effectively.
- Be a confident person with a warm and friendly approach
- PECS experience
- Basic knowledge of Makaton
If you are interested in this position or are looking to work in schools and think you have relevant experience, please send over your CV or call Phil at JBD Recruitment. We look forward to working with you.