Are you experienced at teaching children with special educational needs? Do you want to work in a school that is dedicated to the development of each child’s learning?
JBD Recruitment is seeking to recruit a Specialist Teacher for a SEN School that caters for children 11 - 19 years and has recently been rated as "outstanding" by Ofsted. You will be required to teach a class of children with Severe Learning Difficulties and a wide range of needs including physical disabilities, autism, sensory impairment, and complex medical needs. You will be supported by two teaching assistants throughout the school day.
The successful SEND Specialist Teacher will be working with children of mixed abilities in a warm and nurturing setting. The school has fantastic leadership and are fully supportive and able to offer guidance where needed.
To be considered for this position you must have:
- QTS (Qualified Teachers Status)
- 2 years’ experience minimum of teaching in an SEN School.
- Current, valid DBS (update service)
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of safeguarding policies.
- The ability to adapt quickly to a variety of situations.
- Caring attitude and a passion to contribute the learning and development of pupils.
- Be a confident person with a warm and friendly approach.
- Able to apply behaviour policies effectively.
If you would like to found out more about our SEND Specialist Teacher position or if you would like to hear about other excellent opportunities we may have for you, please send over your CV. We look forward to working with you.