Location: Eastleigh, Hampshire
Day rate: 120-139.31 per day
Hours: Full Time
Our REED Education FE branch are currently working with a great college on an exciting new role in the Hampshire area.
Starting immediately, the college are looking for an outstanding SENCo Co-ordinator join them on a temporary basis.
Our client provides technical and professional training and Apprenticeships to school leavers, in addition to part-time professional courses and part-time leisure courses for adults.
· To manage the staff, resources, facilities and service of the learning support. Including the line management of designated staff including appraisal, staff development, deployment and supervision of staff and involvement in formal HR procedures e.g. disciplinary investigation or performance monitoring.
· To deputies for, the Designated Safeguarding Lead and Head of Learning Support in respect of the management of pastoral care and counselling to students in order to facilitate successful completion of their chosen course of study
· To manage the learning support budget and ensure that they are spent appropriately across all support types.
· To oversee the process for assessing students for dyslexia.
· To complete high needs funding requirements as per local authority guidance.
· To manage effective liaison with curriculum areas, to ensure the currency and appropriateness of learning support provision and Learning and Skills Centre resources of all media types
What you will need:
· Degree-level or equivalent
· National Award in Special Educational Needs Co-ordination qualification
· Qualified Teacher Status
· Experience of managing Learning Support in an education setting
· Experience of supervising the performance of staff
· Knowledge of barriers to learning and Learning difficulties and disabilities
· Recent experience of working in the FE environment
Reed Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check.
Benefits of working with Reed Education:
When you work with Reed Education, you will have access to a range of expertise and advice as well as benefits. We can provide you with:
• Access to pension scheme
• Weekly Pay for all candidates
• Continual Professional Development
• Dedicated and fully trained consultants, here to promote and develop our staff
• Long Term and permanent vacancy focus
• Permanent vacancy access to reed.co.uk, the UK’s largest, most visited online jobsite.
If this sounds like a role that you would like, please forward us your most up to date CV by clicking ‘Apply Now’. If you have any questions, then don’t hesitate to contact your local Further Education branch, we would love to speak to you and help you figure out the next step in your career.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job