SEN Teaching Assistant - Supporting 2 X Autistic children in Nursery - Must have EYFS experience!
Q - Are you an experienced SEN Teaching Assistant with an interest in working with young children with Autism?
Q - Have you supported children in Nursery or Reception previously?
If so, read on and apply for this exciting SEN Teaching Assistant post in Southwark
This lovely Primary School in Southwark is recruiting for an experienced SEN Teaching Assistant to join their EYFS phase after half term. This is an exciting role which would perfectly suit a passionate and caring graduate who loves working with early years and has experience and an excellent understanding of working with EYFS children (Nursery or Reception).
The role will see you supporting 2 Autistic children in the Nursery who are both Non- Verbal. To be successful you must be confident in your ability to support the children by way of working with Physical prompts and techniques to help them to engage in the curriculum. An understanding/ experience of using PECS is advantageous!
You MUST have experience working with SEN, ideally ASD to be considered for this SEN Teaching Assistant post.
SEN TEACHING ASSISTANT - THE PERSON:
- SEN Teaching Assistant - ASD support
- Must have experience working with EYFS children
- Must have SEN experience - ASD preferably
- Must have a keen interest in SEN - clearly passionate
- Must be a graduate
- Experience / an understanding of PECS an advantage
SEN TEACHING ASSISTANT - THE ROLE:
- ASAP Start - Full-time, long-term, £70 - £85 per day
- Supporting 2 Nursery children with Autism
- Children are non- verbal so alternative communications necessary- Use of physical prompts
- Wonderful and experienced support team, lots of training on offer including further PECS training
SEN TEACHING ASSISTANT - THE SCHOOL:
- Lovely Southwark Primary school
- Central Location
- Supportive SENCO and Head Teacher
- Easily accessible via public transport- short walk from an over ground station
Apply for this exciting SEN Teaching Assistant post in Southwark! Send your CV to Remedy Education and if shortlisted you will be contacted within 48 hours.
A DBS on the update service is required, the post is to commence after half term so if you already hold a DBS then you will be at an advantage. We can however assist in the application of your DBS if you do not hold one.
- Support Worker
- Teaching Assistant
- Graduate Teaching Assistant
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job