A newly opened primary school based in West Drayton are looking for Special Needs Teaching Assistants and Learning Support Assistants with autism experience for roles starting immediately within the school's autism unit.
The school is currently caters only for KS1 however, they are looking to develop a KS2 phase for September 2018. The autism unit within the school supports pupils within KS1 with autism across the spectrum and challenging behaviours.
- Must be able to travel to West Drayton/ Uxbridge area (West London) daily
- Must be able to work Monday - Friday 8:30 am - to 4:00pm during school term time
- Must have experience supporting children with severe autism
- Must be confident in supporting children with Maths, English and core subjects
- Experience working in a Special Need School is highly beneficial
- Knowledge of specific visual aids such as PECS, TEACCH is highly beneficial
- Team Teach de-escalation training is required (offered at a subsidised rate through Teaching Personnel)
- Must be open to personal care
A valid DBS with Child Only Workforce registered onto the update service is required in order to secure this job.
If you think you are suitable for this role call Shobana on (Mon- Fri 9am to 4pm) and email your updated CV
All applicants will require the appropriate qualification and training for this role. For teacher roles, we require a formally recognised teaching qualification. For Support staff our minimum requirement is GCSE English & Maths (A-C) or equivalent.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.