SEN Teaching Assistants - East Birmingham - September - Daily Supply
Academics are currently recruiting resilient and caring special needs teaching assistants, for a range of special needs schools in the East Birmingham area. This role is to commence September for daily supply. We are the preferred education supply agency for the majority of SEN schools in the Birmingham area therefore, you will have plenty of work every week.
You will be supporting children with a range of special needs including Autism (ASD), Social Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH), Emotional Behaviour Disorder (EBD), Profound Multiple Learning Disabilities (PMLD), Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD), Moderate learning difficulties (MLD), Speech and Language difficulties (SpLD), Hearing impairments (HI) and Visual impairments (VI). You will help to ensure pupils in different age groups access the curriculum and make progression.
To be an ideal candidate for this role, you will need to be empathetic, calm and patient. Strong communication skills are also important in order to ease the process for the pupil. As well as being challenging, this role will also prove to be rewarding as you will be able to play an active role in making a difference in the students' progress.
- Supporting pupils in the classroom and around the school environment
- Strong knowledge of behaviour management
- Experience working in similar environments
- Available to start work September for daily supply
- Valid DBS or willingness to obtain one
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
- On occasion, providing personal care for the students
- Team teach trained or equivalent behaviour management certificate
- Makaton/BSL trained or experience of using it in practise
- Experience of supporting SEN pupils such as ASD, SEMH, EBD, PMLD, SLD, MLD, SpLD, HI and/or VI
The schools are in close proximity to Erdington, Sparkhill, Stechford, Saltley, Alum Rock, Kings Heath, Selly Oak and Solihull. If you can get to these areas, we have fulfilling work awaiting for you from September.
Please apply today to register your interest for this role or to find out more information, please call Katie for an informal discussion on or email
We offer competitive rates of pay, in many cases above industry standard and you will receive continued support from your experienced personal consultant.
We also run a refer a friend scheme, whereby you will receive vouchers for any member of staff who you recommend to us. Terms and conditions apply.
Academics are committed to safer recruitment, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, we expect every candidate to share this commitment. Assignments are subject to safeguarding and child protection screening in line with DfE polices, including right to work, employment history and enhanced DBS checks
- SEN Teaching Assistants - East Birmingham - September - Daily Supply
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'