Teaching Personnel are looking for a passionate Teaching Assistant to join a specialist SEN school based in Cardiff
This friendly SEN school is found in Cardiff and it caters for children and young people who have a diagnosis of Autism, Profound & Multiple Learning Difficulties and Complex Needs. The school is renowned for the inclusive education it offers to all pupils, no matter their ability, expecting all students to make progress. It provides the support and structures in which pupils are able to do so, and as a SEN Teaching Assistant you will be assisting in this.
THE IDEAL SEN TEACHING ASSISTANT:
- Must be a patient and reliable
- Be able to work well in a team.
- Be proactive in meeting student's needs.
- Have 1:1 experience with children with SEN.
- Have experience with SEN in a primary school setting.
- Should be able to empathise with their pupils and be able to set a good example.
THE SEN TEACHING ASSISTANT ROLE:
- Supporting the teaching and learning of SEN pupils across the school, working with struggling pupils or those who have become stifled by the curriculum,
- Helping them meet their potential through smaller booster groups and 1:1 sessions.
- Supporting pupils with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs.
- Working closely with the SENCO to monitor and advance developments in both academic and social areas.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Prior experience or a passion for working with SEN children desirable
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year
Teaching Personnel are currently recruiting throughout the current pandemic in readiness for schools to return. For more information please get in touch with Bethan on or click on the "apply now" button below.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'