Autism LSA/ SEN teaching Assistants Required NorthWest London
Teaching Personnel – NW London
ASD, Behaviour , SEN , Complex needs
LSA's with ASD / SEN experience required
Available to start immediately
Able commit to term time 8.30 am to 3.30pm
LSA's with ASD experience required
Teaching personnel is currently recruiting for experienced ASD teaching/learning support assistants, to work in a range of different SEND schools throughout Northwest London. We currently have a wide range of exciting positions available on either a day-to-day or long-term supply basis, across all key stages KS1-KS2, KS3-KS4.
As these roles involve working with pupils on the ASD spectrum, typically with challenging behaviours and complex needs, previous experience of working with pupils in SEND settings is ideal but not essential.
For this role, the successful candidate will:
- Have previous experience working with children, or young adults, with ASD and or SEND , behavioural difficulties or have transferable skills from the care sector , metal health facilities or youth work sectors
- Confidence dealing with pupils with different abilities and SEND requirements
- A good knowledge of the national curriculum or confident in supporting small groups with particular
- Be able to work during school term time either part or full-time between 8.30am – 3.30 pm (average school hours )
- Cable of dealing with challenging behaviour, promoting focus with strong classroom management and positive behaviour management techniques
- Good understanding of ASD/ SEND
- Have Safeguarding training Level 1 as a minimum
- Passion to work with SEND
Desired experience and qualifications:
- Confidence implementing SEN tailored support techniques, such as PEC's & Makaton
- Team Teach qualified
Successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory references, as well as possessing an up to date Child workforce DBS that is registered on the Update Service or be willing to apply for one through Teaching Personnel.
Interested in applying?
Please apply with an updated CV or email Chey at
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'