*** SEN Teaching assistant ***
*** Barnsley ***
*** February start ***
I am currently working with numerous schools in the Wakefield and Barnsley area who are in desperate need of experienced SEN teaching assistants. Working hours are between 8:30am-4:00pm Monday to Friday.
As a SEN TA you would be working closely with students who require additional support in a variety of different school lessons. You may be working in both mainstream and SEN schools depending on what role suits you best. When working with these students you are responsible for making all work assessable according to the needs of each individual whilst also working on both academic and social skills. You may be responsible for delivering individualised learning as directed from teacher.
Key skills and experience needed:
- Experience working in specialist schools such as SEN schools or Pupil Referral Units
- Previous support work within a school or other child related experience
- Strong behaviour management and confident with challenging behaviour
- SEN experience is essential
- One to one and small group work
- Professional manner
- Enthusiastic and friendly, yet firm approach
- If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to Tom Meredith at Veritas Education.
Teaching assistants need to have an excellent behaviour management and relationship building skills. Team Teach training is essential requirement for this role, however if you do not have this we can provide this training as an agency.
If you have the experience and the skills appropriate for the role then please apply with your full CV. If you require any further information, please contact Alex Thompson at Veritas Education (Leeds) on or email
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'
- Down Syndrome
- Team Teach
- Special School
- Behaviour Support
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'