SEN Teaching assistant required October
- Mainstream primary school
- Class sizes 25-30 students
- Working 121 with children with ADHD,Dyslexia and EBD
- Academically very bright and able students
Empowering Learning are currently looking for a SEN Teaching assistantThe role is a full time, long term position starting Immediately and lasting for a total of 3 terms, with the potential to become a permanent position for the right candidate. As a SEN TA you will be expected to do the following.
- Ensuring the pupil is able to use equipment and materials provided
- Motivating and encouraging the pupil(s) as required by providing levels of individual attention, reassurance and help with learning tasks as appropriate to pupils' needs
- Assisting in weaker areas, e.g. speech and language, reading, spelling, numeracy, handwriting/presentation etc
- Using praise, commentary and assistance to encourage the pupil to concentrate and stay on task
- Liaising with class teacher, SENCO and other professionals about individual education plans (IEPs), contributing to the planning and delivery as appropriate
- Providing additional nurture to individuals when requested by the class teacher or SENCO
- Consistently and effectively implementing agreed behaviour management strategies
- Helping to make appropriate resources to support the pupil
This is an opportunity to join a stable school and develop the progress of pupils. You will be a part of a friendly, and inclusive school with high expectations for every student. The school works in close partnership with parents, carers and families to do the best for their children and community.
SEN Teaching assistant -Job Responsibilities
- Make sure that the pupils you support are able to engage in learning and stay on task during the lesson or activity support the social and emotional development of pupils, reporting any issues when required
- Ensuring the child is supervised on a constant basis during school hours
- Help the child to learn and engage during teaching periods
What's in It for you as a SEN Teaching assistant
- Excellent rates of pay (£85-100)
- Fantastic Behaviour
- The chance to work within a dynamic and forward-thinking school
- Guildford location
SEN Teaching assistant Job Requirements
- Legal right to work in the UK
- Subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, or overseas Police clearances (if applicable)
- Primary Education experience
- SEN TA Qualification
Here at Empowering Learning we don't only offer excellent rates of pay and the opportunity to work with a consultant with the experience and ability to find you the perfect next career move.
For more information or to apply for this role, please send your CV to
- Teaching assistant
- SEN Teaching assistant
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'