SEND Teaching Assistants Required - Full Time, Term Time Only. (x 3 positions)
40 weeks per year, 30 hours per week
Closing date: 30 April 2018 Start Date: immediate (notice periods will be taken into consideration for start date)
This vacancy will close on or before the specified closing date depending on the volume of suitable applicants. We wish to stress that no discourtesy is intended in following such a procedure, and you should not let this deter you from future applications.
Grade 2: APTC 3 Point 14 or possibly Grade 3: APTC 4 Point 18 for an exceptional candidate with sustained experience of leading teaching and learning activities with a secure knowledge and experience of working with children with complex needs and Autism.
This is a successful school with supportive governors and very special pupils. We are seeking to appoint Teaching Assistants to support pupils (sometimes 1:1) in mixed-age specialist classes. A first aid qualification would be desirable but not essential. The school is firmly committed to the development of its staff and for the right candidate, would contribute to the financial support of progression through degree qualifications that complement the work of the school (eg: Education, Psychology, or Communication related subject).
A Teaching Assistant at Corbets Tey School will have:
- Experience and knowledge of working with children with a wide range of abilities
- A general understanding of national/foundation stage curriculum Secure knowledge and skills relating to strategies in working with pupils with Complex Learning Needs
- An interest, motivation and passion for working with special needs children and developing skills to facilitate this
- Ability to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek learning opportunities
- Calm, controlled and effective communication and relate well to all children and adults within the school
- The ability to reflect on own behaviour to ensure teams are strong and working together to meet the needs of all pupils
- Ability to work constructively as part of a team, understanding classroom roles and responsibilities and your own position within this
- A high level of professionalism and the ability to distinguish personal and professional boundaries in school related relationships both in and outside of the school
- Level 2 (GCSE) Qualifications in English and Maths
- An aptitude for understanding and/or working knowledge of specialist ICT software (Clicker 6, Communicate In Print, MS Office, 2 Simple, Active Inspire/Smartboard) to support pupil’s learning
- Be willing to develop a full working knowledge, understanding and adherence to relevant school polices, practice and procedures
- Special Needs
- Assistant Teaching
- Autism Spectrum Disorders